Bike shows in the winter?

xt660isgood2

I’m sorry but this does really pee me off. In the uk there is a big bike show about to happen. Ok we know why they are doing it now and have for many years because it’s
Too cold to ride your bike up and cause you are in your car you will buy more stuff?
Well “organiser type dick££eds” Myself and many friend will not even bother turning up. It’s not rocket science: Put it on in the summer!, more bikers attend and buy more stuff and you can send stuff to people now around the would?
I won't be there, because who want's to sit in a car and go to a bike show

Will145

Ah yes motorcycle live. Its a good day out but it's quite expensive, it's £20 ticket then £10 to park a car then fuel and refreshments on top of that makes for an expensive day and that's before buying kit! I'm thinking about going. I want a new lid and was looking at a new shark helmet. May get the train up if it's shite weather.... Which it is surely going to be.

Last edited:

jeppebm

argghhh come on dude calm down! - When its winther and they know almost no biker is biking - then you dont have any REAL excuse ;) not to be there.. now that you arent busy on your bike enjoying the weather.

If it was in the summer why waste time INSIDE when you can ride :) ?

So in that way it makes PERFECT sense to place it when they do. And so what if you dont wanna come ... that only your loss. Dont try and convince any of us that you arent interested in doing something FOR or TO the bike while its tugged in for the winther?

Lighten up please.

Torque

I went to the show today with my son. We were going to go on the motorbike if the weather was ok, but guess what?... It hammered it down today so car it was. I happen to agree with the OP as I was thinking the exact same thing earlier this week.

As for the show, I've not been for a while and to be honest was a bit disappointed. Not with the bikes on display as they were awesome as always, but with the complete lack of live shows. Harley Davidson and MCN were always renowned for the entertainment they but on, but there was nothing of note today.

Saying that I would still go again :eek:

Yaminator

If i was to go and the only transport was my bike and you have crappy weather like this?
Then i would opt for a train ride there, as mentioned you can still treat yourself just get the large items posted, Happy days.. ;)

xt660isgood2

argghhh come on dude calm down! - When its winther and they know almost no biker is biking - then you dont have any REAL excuse ;) not to be there.. now that you arent busy on your bike enjoying the weather.

If it was in the summer why waste time INSIDE when you can ride :) ?

So in that way it makes PERFECT sense to place it when they do. And so what if you dont wanna come ... that only your loss. Dont try and convince any of us that you arent interested in doing something FOR or TO the bike while its tugged in for the winther?

Lighten up please.
Why would anyone go to a bike show in a CAR?

jeppebm

Why would anyone go to a bike show in a CAR?
To see the show. I know it Would be Awesome to ride there, but why make a fuss about it like this? Now it's winter and there is a show. If it sparks my interest I'll go no matter the solution of transport :D come on ..., be positive. Winter is depressing enough as it is. Lighten the F up

Last edited:

roama119

went to the nec yesterday was also dissapointed. it was nowhere near as good as last year. took 500 quid to squander and all i bought was lunch. two highlights were the h2r power run 12.30 everyday on the kawasaki stand all i can say is wow, and the new mt09 tracer touring version looks great and well equipped for just over 8K might be chopping trhe 07 in come march i think

daveflave

Isn't the show timed so we see all the new bikes??? We wouldn't have seen the new R1 or the H2R if the show was in the summer

Will145

Went to motorcycle live today. Third year running for me and enjoyed it again. Got me a new lid at a good price.