Bike got stuck during stationary rest

1a2a3a

Hi guys, it's been awhile.

I had this rather peculiar issue with my machine.

It seems like sometimes when I want to push the bike out from stationary rest, the bike is 'stuck' and cant be move.
Gear is in neutral. And I had to like uhm, force push it and I will clear a rather loud thud sound?cluck sound? Somewhere near the caliper then the bike finally manage 'to free up' and allow me to push.

Oh and also, sometimes when warming up my bike, say 45secs to 1min in, I notice that my bike will produce like a mini pop sound...like tock?

Anyone facing similar issue?

Yaminator

Being stuck is usually due to the front dics setting with the pads after riding in rain or washing the bike then putting it away.. ;)

1a2a3a

Being stuck is usually due to the front dics setting with the pads after riding in rain or washing the bike then putting it away.. ;)
Ah okay. but is this common? My previous 3-4 rides never had such an issue, hence my confusion hah.

What about the 2nd issue? What can you concur from it?

sdrio

Never heard of the brake issue.

The pop might just be the fuel mapping. Some MT07s have a nasty little misfire at or around tickover, which effects different bikes in different ways - from nothing at all to frequent stalling. Yours might just be in between.

bobh

Agree with Yaminator.

I don't know if the Yamaha "blue spot" brakes are worse for this, but I've now had several bikes with variations of them and they all seemed to to this to a greater or lesser extent. Or it could bethe particular pad compound and disc material that Yamaha use.

I've never had the "tock" noise when warming up. But it has happened (on other Yams too) when riding in town at constant speed, when it sounds a bit like a pebble being fired out from under a tyre. So I tend to agree that it's just an intermittent misfire due to the mixture being on the lean side.

craigieboy

Normal here aswell, my bike and cars do the same usually after washing and being left for a bit.

Not sure about your second problem.

1a2a3a

Never heard of the brake issue.

The pop might just be the fuel mapping. Some MT07s have a nasty little misfire at or around tickover, which effects different bikes in different ways - from nothing at all to frequent stalling. Yours might just be in between.
Do I have to do something about it? Re-map or something?

sdrio

Do I have to do something about it? Re-map or something?
No idea. Yamaha refuse to acknowledge it exists. I spent months trying to get it sorted on mine, and in the end they just told me there was nothing wrong and stopped talking to me.