Best insurance deal (UK)

cosmikdebriis

Who has anyone found to be providing the best insurance deal(s)?

Mine is currently 3rd Party on a trade policy but I want to go fully comp.

Anthony

I swapped mine over when I sold my Scooter, cost me £250 TPFT but will look to go fully comp when it comes to next year. Currently with MCE.

D

Deleted member 20

Just for information, Yamaha Insurance Sweden offer FULL ALL-INCLUSIVE coverage for an annual price of:
£325 (if you live in central parts of 3 biggest cities, like I do)
£219 (suburbs of the 3 above or smaller city)
£139 (outside smaller city or in the middle of nowhere)

cosmikdebriis

Having spent ages looking... Finally went with Cheapest Quote | The Bike Insurer

Should say I neither work for them or actually endorse them, just what I turned up on the interweb thingy.

Got fully comp for £136 with only £200 excess which was cheaper than go compare quoted me for the same Bennetts policy.

At least I can fall off now with relative impunity.

RedOne

Use CIA insurance. Had received quote to renew insurance on XJ6 which involved change of actual insurer. Mentioned that MT07 arrival was imminent. Person on phone said that in that case changing insurer would not be beneficial as insurance cost would jump by about £80.00 extra a year on MT07. I would have saved about £15.00 if I was keeping the XJ6. Also they tagged my file so as when I changed to MT07 no charge would be made for changing paperwork in what they would call mid term. Rare for me to compliment dealing with vehicle insurance. Paid £119.47 fully comp including legal expenses cover.

Simon

I'm in Nottingham, UK and need to insure my bike for collection this Friday. Its currently standard and sat in the Yamaha workshop... but it wont be standard for long. Anyone declared their modifications and still got a reasonable quote?

RAC quote system has no way of adding modifications but their standard quote is very reasonable. Another broker at the same price (called Skippy?? I've never heard of them either) has an endless list of options and when I added cosmetic full exhaust, screen and crash bungs the price went up from £150 to £230. Not ridiculous but, of course, I'd rather pay less.

Any advice appreciated. I will probably push the 'buy' button tomorrow!

sdrio

I paid just under £300 fully comp. That's with Swinton, via the Meerkats.

That's with zero no claims, as I had my MT03 nicked last year. I'm 47, and have 3 points for speeding, live in London and keep the bike garaged overnight, parked on the street during the day outside work.

No modifications.

Don't forget to make sure you get and declare the datatag kit, you might well get a discount for that.

Eddieh93

My insurance is extortionate.

I'm 21 have had my old bike nicked and crashed my car my fault total write off.

My insurance fully comp for the year is £1700 now all your £300's and prices like that seem cheap eh?

sdrio

My insurance is extortionate.

I'm 21 have had my old bike nicked and crashed my car my fault total write off.

My insurance fully comp for the year is £1700 now all your £300's and prices like that seem cheap eh?
Look on the bright side - in another 20 years, your insurance will be £1,500 less than it is now. Ours won't.

Eddieh93

Your not wrong just a bit of a kick in the balls.

I got a quote before I even thought about buying the bike as everyone probably does, but it was over £2,000 (like my car was), but no one could stop me, I sorted the finance and then rung Lexham as it was the approved insurance dealer from that Yamaha straight away, I was over the moon with £1700 all the guys in the dealer was looking at me as if to say "is he sure?".

sdrio

I got a quote before I even thought about buying the bike as everyone probably does, but it was over £2,000 (like my car was), but no one could stop me, I sorted the finance and then rung Lexham as it was the approved insurance dealer from that Yamaha straight away, I was over the moon with £1700 all the guys in the dealer was looking at me as if to say "is he sure?".
I suspect that's relatively cheap. Insurance has dropped in the last few years, in 2010 I was paying double what I do now - there was some kind of blip due to a lot of claims for flooding or something, and the insurance companies were hammering everyone.

I'm guessing you'd have been looking at 3 grand. Yikes . . .!

Eddieh93

OUCH!!!

That would have been way out of my price range for insurance. just hope it goes down a bit next year.

jimyu

You must be crazy or rich to pay out £4000 in insurance a year!

I pay about £700 to insure my mt07 and my M3...I think that's expensive!

Eddieh93

I looked hard trust me Lexham's was the cheapest.

I am 21, with a motorbike theft (write-off) and a car crash that was my fault (write off again) no NCB, and no points.

Hopefully it will be a lot cheaper next year.

bypasser

I feel for you Eddie. Glad to see that despite the high cost you are still riding. It's good to see young riders in the ranks

Eddieh93

Cheers Bypasser,

I only have a car license because my dad pushed me into it which is probably a good thing to be honest.

I have always loved bike and riding prefer it a lot more to driving a car hence why I didn't buy another one after I crashed.