Bad experience with dealership (CMC)

nobull

Anyone else suffered from poor customer service at the hands of CMC? Curious if i'm just unlucky or the fact that most of the staff are related therefore don't have to worry about getting fired?! One good member of staff out of many I've met so far, he wasn't part of the clan as far as i'm aware. Lovely facilities, shame about the customer care, which was always good when I was a customer of the same building when it used to be Suzuki/clay cross power sports, but unfortunately not any more. I've had too many hassles & been lied to so many times that its too longwinded to write on here, but trust me its bad! Your thoughts, both positive & negative?

shadowmonkey

My personal experience has been good so far, all depends who you go to! There are a couple of people that I don't like because of the way they treat you.
I only mainly go there for the cafe as I am on my way out for a ride, so when cmc took over it was all down to the cafe being there. Anyhow they have been good with warranty claims so far, I have a lot of bad experiences with other bike shops that I haven't with these.

I never have my tyres changed there because of the paper work you have to do just to change a tire. I can normally get a discount in the parts dept again depends who you talk to I can walk around a couple of times before the person I want is free.

So all down to who you see in my experience.

Last edited:

nobull

Where to start.....salesman repeatedly lied to me saying he had a blu bike but "it has to be registered by end of jan or you cant have it,& don't know when yours will arrive" - I smelled BS so turned up unannounced 3 days later to find the only blu bike they had already had a tag with my name on, ready for the 1st march delivery date I wanted, then hid when tannoy called him for 30mins, look on his face was priceless, "er er, I think it came in yesterday, yes that's right yesterday" (I deal with people who have a vested interest in lying in my job on a daily basis, his lying face was terrible!).
Promised before this to call me several times, which he never did.
Originally arranged a test ride last September, when I got there they said "who did you speak to, no you cant have a demo and no you cant have been promised one" (no apology when proven wrong either, although I did get the test ride).
In late Jan ordered panels and 2 exhaust port gaskets, when I collected with bike only 1 gasket(even if I hadn't specified 2, which I did, why the hell would I want 1 on a twin cylinder machine)? No apology again.
So ordered & paid for another to be sent, promised would arrive within a week, 2 weeks & 5 phone calls later i'm still waiting (and was lied to on phone, again no apology). I did rant this week as I finally lost my cool with them, but until this week I've been nothing but polite & pleasant with them.
No courtesy call to see if bike ok after collection.
Engine oil overfilled by 150ml above max(this might have been Yamaha though, I assume its from factory, but surely part of PDI check?)
Spray grease all over brakes (& controls!).
Paying a 'documentation fee of £89' which was basically a hidden charge & didn't include registration fees etc, they were on top of that.
A few other things too but you get the idea!
I would like to add that the salesman who I picked up bike from was courteous & polite though, unfortunately I cant recall his name. Overall though a rather disappointing experience.

shadowmonkey

Wow I am gobsmacked and speechless, Its either your unlucky or I have been very lucky. Probably the latter though by the sounds of it!

DeadHead

I'm sorry but the early experience you had with them even before buying the bike told you what you needed to know about them, you should have walked away then.

nobull

I'm sorry but the early experience you had with them even before buying the bike told you what you needed to know about them, you should have walked away then.
Ever heard it's easy to be wise with hindsight? One objectionable salesman was no clue as to what was to come. Whats surprised me since then is Yamaha UK's total apathy to my experience. They even said its up to them if they use hidden charges to price it over RRP, and that basically its just tough luck, nothing to do with them, that they will 'note my displeasure', but that the afore mentioned dealer is a premier dealer (and therefore irreproachable it would seem). I'm particularly sad about this, as I own 2 Yams that I've had from new, and generally like their products, but now I don't think i'll ever get another Yam on principle alone.

sdrio

Ever heard it's easy to be wise with hindsight? One objectionable salesman was no clue as to what was to come. Whats surprised me since then is Yamaha UK's total apathy to my experience. They even said its up to them if they use hidden charges to price it over RRP, and that basically its just tough luck, nothing to do with them, that they will 'note my displeasure', but that the afore mentioned dealer is a premier dealer (and therefore irreproachable it would seem). I'm particularly sad about this, as I own 2 Yams that I've had from new, and generally like their products, but now I don't think i'll ever get another Yam on principle alone.
Yamaha are the most passive aggressive bunch of idiots I've ever had to deal with.

We all know the story about the stalling bikes, they've been less than useless about that, but when I pointed out the dealer I bought from had failed to look at the clutch problem twice, and then refused to even talk to me, they couldn't give a shit. I asked whether I should take it to another dealer their response was more or less 'it's up to you'.

nobull

Just to update this thread, although my buying experience was really bad, I've had the first service done for the agreed price of £47 (hence going back there rather than paying extra £100 to go elsewhere) without argument as I paid deposit in Sept 14, and had a much better experience, good customer service & nice, polite & competent young mechanic who wasn't patronising. The people on the service desk were also very nice & polite. Overall it was a stark contrast to previous experience(thankfully). Since I criticised above, I think its only fair to post when I have a good experience too.

Eddieh93

I have brought brand new from my local Yamaha dealer in Flitwick twice (YZF-R125 & MT-07), cant praise them enough, Saul sorted the bike the finance and everything else I went in once to sign some documents and rode away the same day and Wayne is helpful all the time event for little things. I only go there for my major maintenance but every time I have been they have been speedy and good service had no problems with Yamaha at all hence why I am a returning customer and as a brand new buyer I get 10% discount on everything in store! WINNER!

Must just be retards at different stores some people have a real chip on their shoulder about being helpful, I have come to the conclusion I just hate people unless the individual makes me feel different about them.