Anyone reasonably close to London got the Arrow exhaust fitted?

pengjn

I'd really like to hear the Arrow exhaust before ordering it. Anyone relatively close to London got on fitted that they wouldn't mind letting me have a listen to in person?

cosmikdebriis

I'm afraid I'm a hundred miles away though if you fancy a run down to Poole Quay biker night one Tuesday evening I could turn up there.

Personal opinion though is just buy it, you won't regret it.

pengjn

I'm afraid I'm a hundred miles away though if you fancy a run down to Poole Quay biker night one Tuesday evening I could turn up there.

Personal opinion though is just buy it, you won't regret it.
Probs a bit far but much appreciated. I was going to pull the trigger on it a couple of weeks ago but the thing that put me off was hearing the Akrapovic at my local Yamaha dealer. With the baffle out it was painfully loud but with it in I was a bit non-plussed by the sound. The various youtube vids suggest the Arrow sounds wicked both with the DB killer in and out. What's your experience with it?

cosmikdebriis

Can't speak for the Akra as I've never even seen one. Things that put me off were the price and the difficulty in removing the DB Killers. On the other hand at least it's Yamaha approved so presumably wouldn't affect any warranty.

As for the Arrow. It seems very well made, is relatively easy to fit (see my instructional thread) and the sound is just what I wanted. Too loud for my taste with the DB Killer removed but almost perfect with it in place.

Another great thing about the Arrow is the ease at which the DB Killer can be removed/replaced. You can do it in 10 seconds or so with a pair of (decent) circlip pliers.

Finally. I'm experimenting with ways of making the DB Killer "adjustable" for volume so maybe keep an eye on that thread too.

pengjn

Can't speak for the Akra as I've never even seen one. Things that put me off were the price and the difficulty in removing the DB Killers. On the other hand at least it's Yamaha approved so presumably wouldn't affect any warranty.

As for the Arrow. It seems very well made, is relatively easy to fit (see my instructional thread) and the sound is just what I wanted. Too loud for my taste with the DB Killer removed but almost perfect with it in place.

Another great thing about the Arrow is the ease at which the DB Killer can be removed/replaced. You can do it in 10 seconds or so with a pair of (decent) circlip pliers.

Finally. I'm experimenting with ways of making the DB Killer "adjustable" for volume so maybe keep an eye on that thread too.
Ok cool, thank you. I'll check out your other threads. If I could fit it myself then that would save a few quid and help me get to know the bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk