Anyone had the Annual Service done yet?

DJP

Mine's due the Annual / 6000m service next month and I'm just wondering how much I'm likely to get charged for it?

shadowmonkey

Had mine done and it cost about £210. Only had it done as it being its first major service to keep the warranty going for now.

sdrio

Mine's just at 6k now. I'm in no hurry, the warranty is worth about the same as a foot of bogroll anyway.

I'll do it in the next few weeks.

(I'm joking - a foot of bogroll can be quite useful)

DJP

Had mine done and it cost about £210. Only had it done as it being its first major service to keep the warranty going for now.
Wow!

I'm weighing up whether to DIY or stump up to keep the warranty going, but I'm not paying that much for an oil change. :eek:

Oldgit

Booked mine in for next week at Millenium Motorcycles (St Helens) - £140 including a new oil filter which isn't specified for this service, which is rather odd considering the oil is changed.

balki

£180 with oil filter (i think its there standard yearly service rather than reading the yama spec)

D

Deleted member 20

Just did my annual MT07 oil/filter service, cost £ 20,60 for fully synthetic oil and K&N filter + 15 minutes of my time.
And another 25 p on topping up the coolant.
Damned, this is getting expensive ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:

Phil_B

Well, I dropped the oil in mine in December so it doesn't "need" one, but I'll drop mine in in the next few weeks. 100 or so quid and will make it easier to sell later

DJP

Just did my annual MT07 oil/filter service, cost £ 20,60 for fully synthetic oil and K&N filter + 15 minutes of my time.
And another 25 p on topping up the coolant.
Damned, this is getting expensive ;-)
Well, after careful consideration, that's going to be my approach. I've just ordered Yamalube and a genuine filter for £38 off Ebay.

And I can change them in less time that it takes to ride to the bike shop... ;)

D

Deleted member 20

Euro car parts have a oil on offer it as a JASO rating that is above that needed for the MT
I know this is going to start the usual oil discussion all I will say is I am going to give it a go.

Shell Helix HX7 10W-40 5Ltr
Ralph, this oil DOES NOT WORK since it's not for wet clutch with it's MB specification.
You NEED an oil with at least MA specification, better still MA2 which is a higher friction specification.

And the Shell oil above isn't even synthetic, it's a low budget car engine oil.

Look for:
* 100% Fully Synthetic (even if Mineral or half-ass "blend/semi synth/synth technology" works, why bother?)
* API SG or higher (where higher is SH, SJ, SL, SM, SN where SN is highest quality oil)
* JASO MA or higher (where MA is the worst, MA1 little better and MA2 is the only way to go)
* Brand doesn't matter, it's the specifications above that matter. Nothing else.

Only decent oil I find in that shop that works is this one:
Valvoline Valvoline SynPower 4T Motorcycle Oil SAE 10W-40 - 4 Litre
It's API SG and JASO MA which isn't good enough for my bikes.

Last edited by a moderator: