Anyone else with this clutch problem..

Yaminator

Has anybody else got a snappy clutch, also it seems to squeak for the first time when not used for a couple of days..?

sdrio

Yup, mine does it when the bike is cold. Judders as you pull away - only does it once.

Have taken it back twice to the dealer, they never fixed it and refused to look at it again.

nobull

Mine also has a very sharp uptake, but it is consistent & no judder (unlike the K5 gsxr1000 bike I had, that was inconsistent & awful, although it did get some stick as track bike)

Yaminator

Ever since i changed the oil with semi synthetic i dont have this problem now.?
I just thought i'd update you guys.. ;)

Eddieh93

I have never had any issue with my clutch I sometimes get a little shudder when I pull away 1st thing in the morning but I have put it down to cold whether and the 1st pull away being on a hill.

sdrio

For what it's worth, I solved mine by dismantling the whole clutch and soaking the clutch plates in oil.

I honestly can't see why they would have been dry, but it was bouncing around like a dyslexic Kangaroo from a cold start before I did it, and afterwards it was completely cured.

Edit - dyslexic? I mean epileptic, but maybe I'm dyslexic.

Ralph

First thing in the morning pull the clutch in give it a little sharp rev
then put it in gear it will go in with less of a clunk thia only works when the
oil is cold and thick.

Noggie

I haven't noticed any issues, but I rarely drive straight away on a cold bike.
It has usually idled for around 5 minutes before I get going, as I roll her out of the garage, start her up then put on my jacket, earplugs, helmet and gloves, close the garage, lock the house and pair my Sena intercom/handsfree before get going.

Eddieh93

So mine has developed this recently only does it once and then not again and that is only if I am driving it hard from 1st start.

sdrio

So mine has developed this recently only does it once and then not again and that is only if I am driving it hard from 1st start.

Have you checked your oil? It's definitely a problem with dry clutch plates.

Mine did exactly what you describe every day till I pulled it apart and soaked the plates, then it was as good as gold.

I suppose depending on mileage it could also be worn plates, but I wouldn't expect even the worst hooligan to have blown out a clutch in less than about 15k miles.