Alarm recommendation

nobull

Hi all, just thought i'd share my experiences about Datatool and their forthcoming replacement for the self fit (easy installation - if I can do it anyone can) Demon alarm. When my Demon alarm on my R6 stopped working out of warranty I contacted them by email hoping they could repair it cheaply (I've always fitted Datatool alarms, this is the first ever to have gone wrong, they are far superior & more reliable to the other very popular brand). Now I've had good experiences of their customer service in the past when I needed advice about fitting on a couple of occasions, they were patient & very helpful, but I was still extremely surprised when Tony Heys at the company offered me a free replacement (upgraded!) alarm in exchange for a little feedback on my opinion of the product. It's called a Demon Evo, and i'm guessing it will be imminently available to buy. To be honest the only thing it seems to share with the old unit is the case its housed in (no bad thing,very robust). Its has far more features & addresses all of the minor issues I had with the Demon, such as my battery charger setting it off, no sensitivity adjustment, better speaker, variable everything pretty much. Essentially its very similar in features to the S4 systems, without the aggro of complicated fitting and the associated expense (admittedly no insurance discounts as not Thatcham/professionally fitted but you cant have everything). I'm almost certainly going to buy one for my MT too when they become available, before this I had no intention of putting an alarm on the MT solely because i'm a control freak & don't like other people working on my bike (i'm a massive perfectionist, I even annoy myself with it at times!).
So all in all I cant recommend the product & the staff enough, if only every company valued their customers like this (are you listening Yamaha?!).

Oh, and in case anyone thinks I work for them, I don't, I have no links with them but it's nice to share a positive experience!

Last edited: