Akrapovic question

Sudgolf

Hi Guys

Im looking to get the Akrapovic exhaust but I want to keep the baffle in. Mainly as my bike is kept in the garage below where my 3 year old niece sleeps so I would be very popular if I kept waking her up.

Has anyone got the Akra and kept in the Baffle? Is there much of a sound difference compared to the stock exhaust? Mainly looking at volume as the stock exhaust is very quiet in traffic.

All help is appreciated.

da1kini

Hi Guys

Im looking to get the Akrapovic exhaust but I want to keep the baffle in. Mainly as my bike is kept in the garage below where my 3 year old niece sleeps so I would be very popular if I kept waking her up.

Has anyone got the Akra and kept in the Baffle? Is there much of a sound difference compared to the stock exhaust? Mainly looking at volume as the stock exhaust is very quiet in traffic.

All help is appreciated.
What I understand from reading every post about it and watched youtube comments, the sound is like from 1 (stock) - 10(hellish loud). The akra with baffle in is 3 and without it is 7-8. And like Leo vince is 4-5 with baffle in and 8 without...

gmdeboer

Hi,

I've been riding my mt 07 with all different scenarios.

Stock exhaust is way too quiet. (Soundscale 1/10)

Akrapovic with dbk is an improvement in sound and performance. (Soundscale 3/10), but expensive.

Akrapovic without dbk is waaaaaay too loud (in my opinion). (Soundscale 10/10)

Akrapovic with modified dbk is nice. (Soundscale 7/10) I've driven for three months with it, but I decided to buy a new dbk because it became too loud for me. I usually drive long distances.

So now I've settled for akrapovic with dbk and I think it's fine.

I have never heard any of the other exhaust systems, so I can't give my opinion on that.

All and all I think the akrapovic is a nice exhaust system for the mt 07, but it is too expensive. If I could do it all over, I wouldn't buy it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mudrock

Hi,
I've got one, never had a stock fitted,
I will tell u somethin, without the baffles, omg it's to noises, after riding for 30 minutes or so, I became deaf, very uncomfortable, had to put baffles back in after doing 200 miles, in the first week of owning the bike, with the baffles out.
Now it's sounds naff, very restricted, but I want to keep my hearing.
good luck

Sivvo73

There's a different thread that gives the details on how I modified my baffle to create a happy medium... Baffle out ridiculous , baffle in nice sound but tame, modified baffle perfect... For me anyway.. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410466657.385989.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1410466673.640842.jpg the pipes ends cut away purely cosmetic , no sound change as such , the holes give a great rasp and increase the volume for every hole... I have 8 holes, in total 4 on each tube, almost opposite each other avoiding any whistling effects... Again I'd advise drill 1 then test it .. I have to be honest I love the sound now, can't stop giving it a blip at every set of lights

Sivvo73

I read somewhere a new baffle costs around £40 , so in absolute worst case scenario you can reverse out by replacing the baffle. I read other posts on shortening the length of the inner pipes, I opted away from this given these inner pipes make a connection inside the exhaust and stop the baffle rotating , without that connection it's only the grub screw. [emoji107]

Ellerslie

I've ridden since July (2000 miles) with the baffle out. No little furry animals or old grannies have been harmed.

All this "baffle out will lead to the end of the world" stuff is nonsense. It's noisy but manageable. If I need to be quiet as I'm home late or whatever, I just chug down my road in 5th at 27mph. I don't see any curtains twitching or people waving brooms and pitch forks at me. The only comments I've ever had from the neighbours about the bike have been positive ones.

My every-day journey takes me on the motorway for 15 minutes. The wind noise is much more of an inconvenience than the exhaust noise here, I'm sure it would be the wind noise that would tire me out before the exhaust ever did.

10/10 for noise? No way. I've heard Harley starter motors and Ducati clutches louder than this. Loads of 4 pot Superbikes with cans on are louder in my opinion. 7/10 max.

Sivvo73

Another member "loneranger" quoted picking one up from yamaha dealer £45

Sivvo73

I've ridden since July (2000 miles) with the baffle out. No little furry animals or old grannies have been harmed.

All this "baffle out will lead to the end of the world" stuff is nonsense. It's noisy but manageable. If I need to be quiet as I'm home late or whatever, I just chug down my road in 5th at 27mph. I don't see any curtains twitching or people waving brooms and pitch forks at me. The only comments I've ever had from the neighbours about the bike have been positive ones.

My every-day journey takes me on the motorway for 15 minutes. The wind noise is much more of an inconvenience than the exhaust noise here, I'm sure it would be the wind noise that would tire me out before the exhaust ever did.

10/10 for noise? No way. I've heard Harley starter motors and Ducati clutches louder than this. Loads of 4 pot Superbikes with cans on are louder in my opinion. 7/10 max.
That's a good shout to be fair, but only really highlights what's good for one person isn't always good for another. For me the fact I was questioning myself every ride if it was too loud or not made my mind up. For the majority baffle out is too loud - Harley's and some big can 4 cyl bikes are way louder, as a measure I could be heard over 2 miles away [emoji1][emoji106] which I found hilarious. I do agree baffle in is too quiet. Shame they don't offer different baffles , on the track baffle out 100%.... Honest answer take it out and try for yourself, as much as I read online , I'm always going to tinker anyway

Ralph

Ellerslie
your dead right on Ducati clutches just why anyone with a ounce of mechanical sympathy would put up with that racket I don't know,