Akrapovic carbon exhaust

kiriakos

Hello all,

Iam thinking of buying the akrapovic carbon for my mt07, anyone bought it ? Can a catalytic converter be used with the particular exhaust? Share any experience plz

thnx in advance

Tommeke

You should try the search button for this. It's been discussed a lot....

They only thing I remember is that it's ugly and not road legal I believe...
Grtz

FrostHazer

first of all its pretty nice,imo its the nicest there is for mt-07. secondly the fact that's not road legal doesnt mean that you cant fit a catalyst.
so as the friend above asks, is there anyone that has an experience with this?

Tommeke

secondly the fact that's not road legal doesnt mean that you cant fit a catalyst.

That's true, I searched some sites . on some they will sell you the catalyst as an option ( it's a separate piece) Butt that's maybe just a sales trick !?
The akra site is not to clear either, butt they also make it appear that their catalyst (P-KAT-028) will fit. So I still don't know.

Butt why would you bother to put in a catalyst, if the exhaust will stay non road legal with or without. On a track a catalyst will reduce performance..
Just saying

Greets

jateureka

There is a video on YouTube that shows a carbon akra on an MT-09 WITH a catalytic converter, so it should be possible for the MT-07.

There are test stations here in Australia (and likely in most countries) that can test your exhaust for dB and emissions and issue you a report stating compliance, so just because the manufacturer/seller says it is not road legal doesn't mean you can't get it tested yourself to comply. The akra is connected with springs, so fitting/removing the catalytic converter for road/track use should be straight forward. The baffle is also removable so you could have another one made up if the stock one is still too noisy for road use. In Australia you must stay less than 5dB above the stock dB, which for my bike is 90dB at 4000rpm, to stay legal.