akra carbon again !!!!!!

Yam MT 07

hi everybody , I know that this has probably been covered before but has anyone fitted the carbon akrapovic yet ? , if so did you fit the cat or not ? I was told by a well known Yamaha solus dealer that you can fit the carbon without the cat and that it will be okay and if you have the baffle / decibel killer in it will pass the m.o.t , is this true ? is this pipe marked for race use only ? personally I really prefer the carbon but just need to clarify these issues first , thanks to all in advance for any info , cheers :confused:

J-dan

I have the carbon fitted. With no cat. It is not stamped with for race use only. about the mot doesn't bother me as its 2 years away and its a simple job to switch the exhaust back over. It is very loud though,quiet deafening but sounds good.

J-dan

yes the decibel killer is in. but it is still basically a straight through pipe. taking it out I cant see it making that much difference as there is hardly a restriction in it right now

gregjet

Just put the after market Akra carbon system on. I call it the akra "snail pipe". First thing to note is that the exhaust length is probably closer to the correct tuned length than the pseudo OEM Yamaha fitted Akra. Next thing is that the snail system weighs 3.7kg and the stock system weighs 7.6kg. For me that is the big seller. Next thing is the sound with the db killer is better than the stock one ( much. it sounds like a motorcycle rether than a sneeze). The last thing is that it is still a wrong design as the motor has a 270deg crank and you can't run a 2 into 1 system if you want best power...the exhaust pulses will be 90 ( or 270) deg out of phase. You have to have a 2 into 2 system to avoid bad gas slug timing. As I am not racing it ( I soooo miss racing) , the lighter weight is enough reason for me to put it on.

PS It looks pretty good as well.

def

got mine yesterday, and damn this exhaust is loud...... i will be doing some experiments with the db-killer to reduce the sound a bit.