ABS Warning light

foxracer

Anyone had any issues with their ABS warning light flashing randomly?

My bike does it every now and then I can't figure out why. It's not as the result of sudden braking, it just comes on whilst riding normally. Most of the time if I pull over, switch the ignition off and on again it goes out (once I start moving). I've tested it, and even when the ABS light is flashing, the ABS still works.

Any ideas?

sdrio

No. Mine stays on at startup until you've got going, but have never seen it at any other time.

sharky

You can perhaps check if your ABS disks and sensors are clean. There might be some dirt over the sensor laser. I would try some compressed air through there.

Also, you can got the page 8-91 (ABS TROUBLESHOOTING OUTLINE) of the Service Manual.

If I understand correct, it sais what you are expreriensing is normal.
"3. The ABS warning light flashes → ABS operation is normal."

Last edited:

addy

Yea on a ride about a month ago the abs light started flashing for a few mins, was going down a straight road at about 30 so cant think of any reason for it.

Said to myself if it happens again i'll go get it checked.

Nuggets

You can perhaps check if your ABS disks and sensors are clean. There might be some dirt over the sensor laser. I would try some compressed air through there.

Also, you can got the page 8-91 (ABS TROUBLESHOOTING OUTLINE) of the Service Manual.

If I understand correct, it sais what you are expreriensing is normal.
"3. The ABS warning light flashes → ABS operation is normal."
I can't recall if the light flashes if the abs kicks in, but if it doesn't check the wire and the connections and the sensor mounting bolts, the sensors work using magnetic pulse not light its unlikely a bit of dirt would cause an issue but a loose sensor bolt could as the tolerances between rotor and sensor are fine, its more likely to be a dry joint or loose sensor bolt if its an intermittent fault.