AAAAAAnd she's gone.....

Noggie

Well everyone.

The MT is gone, sold, and the new owner has taken it home.

IMG_0665.jpg

IMG_0666.jpg

Now there is an empty space in my garage, and I'm not sure when that will be filled by something else.
Not even sure what bike I will get as a replacement.
In the past weeks I have ridden:
-BMW S1000RR, S1000R.
-Kawasaki Z1000SX, ZX10R.
-Honda VFR 800, CBR650F
-Suzuki GSXR-750
-Harley davidson sportster 1250.

Based on this I have boiled it down to 3 possible replacements.
-BMW S1000R. This is my first pick but used ones are about as common as snowballs in hell.
-CB1000R. Not test ridden this but it's one of the best nakeds out there, and used ones about as common as the BMW.
-Z1000SX. my only faired option, had a huge upgrade in -14, none of those for sale and is the most expensive one of the lot.

I see myself spending a lot of time on the internet in the future looking for a new bike.

Its been a pleasure being on this forum, and I'll probably lurk around from time to time.

Torque

I've just bought the latest MCN and the MT-10 has an excellent write up. If you like the looks it may be worth test riding one when the dealers have it

Noggie

I've just bought the latest MCN and the MT-10 has an excellent write up. If you like the looks it may be worth test riding one when the dealers have it
Its out of my price range, about the same as a new BMW S1000r with all options, and I'm pretty sure the BMW is a better bike.
A new MT-10 is listed at 193.000nok (20.800 euro), the base BMW at 173.000nok (18.650 euro), and 202.000nok (21.750euro) with the two options packages, and if I was to get a new one I would get the BMW as the price difference is that small.
My budget is 140.000nok (15.000euro), I can go a bit higher but that is my comfort zone.

So I'm on the lookout for second hand ones of the 3 I mentioned in my first post.

Donut

Its out of my price range, about the same as a new BMW S1000r with all options, and I'm pretty sure the BMW is a better bike.
A new MT-10 is listed at 193.000nok (20.800 euro), the base BMW at 173.000nok (18.650 euro), and 202.000nok (21.750euro) with the two options packages, and if I was to get a new one I would get the BMW as the price difference is that small.
My budget is 140.000nok (15.000euro), I can go a bit higher but that is my comfort zone.

So I'm on the lookout for second hand ones of the 3 I mentioned in my first post.
Interesting that you don't seem to be considering the MT-09

Noggie

Just bought a Red -14 S1000R with all factory options, 11.000km.

Had to move out of my comfort budget, but realized it meant I did not have to buy a new bike for a very long time

Donut.
I dont know, I guess I kind of had it with Yamahas "budget bikes". not quite sure of the MT-09's styling either, but that is personnel preference I guess.
Good thing we like different things or things would be very monotonous and boring around the roads.

Donut

Just bought a Red -14 S1000R with all factory options, 11.000km.

Had to move out of my comfort budget, but realized it meant I did not have to buy a new bike for a very long time

Donut.
I dont know, I guess I kind of had it with Yamahas "budget bikes". not quite sure of the MT-09's styling either, but that is personnel preference I guess.
Good thing we like different things or things would be very monotonous and boring around the roads.
Indeed - hope you have fun.

sdrio

Good work. Hope you enjoy it.

If I'm ever in Norway, I'll look forward to a red blur going WAAAAAAA! past me and disappearing over the horizon.

Noggie

Good work. Hope you enjoy it.

If I'm ever in Norway, I'll look forward to a red blur going WAAAAAAA! past me and disappearing over the horizon.
Actually, you should consider it, we have some of the most fantastic roads and scenery on the planet.
I live on the south west coast, I drove up the west coast with a car club last year and it was absolutely fantastic.
Some of the Dutch guys made this video of it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VjcoZqAJfw

And here is a teaser of my new bike

Skjermbilde 2016-05-16 kl. 14.03.20.jpg

Skjermbilde 2016-05-16 kl. 14.03.38.jpg