2nd Service on Weds

xt660isgood2

Hello all,

Got my 2nd service coming up on Weds. Just wondering what it cost you all? Also they are doing the batt recall lead. Guessing it's just an oil change an general check?
Well out of my comfort zone here coz normally do all the spannering but keeping the book up to date. After this one will be doing my own stuff.
Cheers

nobull

I paid £47 recently, as I ordered before oct14 cut off(but delivery mar15). After this it would have been £147. Yamaha UK were sod all help, they said "nothing to do with us" when I emailed them enquiring about costs & cut off dates (I anticipated dealer trying to charge 2015 price), total arseholes with no professionalism. I should have responded in kind. Thankfully dealer had a more customer friendly attitude than Yamaha, which went some way to making amends for my awful purchasing experiences.

sdrio

Mine was pretty cheap.

I took the bike to have the slipping clutch looked at, when I went back to pick it up the guy said 'Right. One second service, that's £180 please."

"Um, I brought it to have the clutch looked at, not for a service".

"Oh. OK, well I suppose we'd better not charge you then".

"Right. So what about the clutch?"

"Um, er, yes. All cross plane Yamahas do it. An oil change will do the trick, and we changed the oil so it will be fine" *

*translation - they didn't look at the clutch, they did a service and he made that bit up. The clutch still slips.

Ralph

£160 for the 6000 mile, they also had a good go at fixing the cutting out, stalling that it
did now and then, last service as by the time it needs another it will be near out of warranty.

da1kini

€210 and they changed oil, throttle body sync, and all other minor checks. Took about 1 hour.

Ralph

€210 and they changed oil, throttle body sync, and all other minor checks. Took about 1 hour.
They were a bit quick, took 2 1/2 hours for mine then after I talked with them about the stalling they had it on the diag machine
for another 20 min

da1kini

They were a bit quick, took 2 1/2 hours for mine then after I talked with them about the stalling they had it on the diag machine
for another 20 min
Probably cause my mechanic found a way to not needing removing of the tank panels for the sync.

Ralph

Or didn't do it and the plugs.
Looking at mine I wouldn't think they did a lot to it though it
does run better just as you open the throttle it had a very
slight surging hardly noticeable and that's gone but to be
honest apart from they do seem to have cured any stalling
it was just a very expensive stamp in the book.
Did you ever get to the bottom of the clutch? there's a thread
on here I think and someone as had a broken clutch friction
plate it still rode but was noisy.
Next service it will be out or near out of warranty so I will be
doing that myself.

xt660isgood2

All done. £160 "inc vat" ish. Bat recall lead done at no charge. Pretty much an oil change and filter, chain lube etc I thought it sounded like a lot. Which I could of done for the price of the oil/filter for around
£25 max..
But worth every penny. Had a choice of free "massive big bike" to hack around on while they doing their stuff or a Yammy 125 with L plates on? I went for the girly bike and had a whale of a time.
Highly recommended...took me back 30 years. interesting to see how car drivers see you are small and pull out in front of you "stuff forgotten over the years"
The little yam, finally got up to 60mph and in town was loads of fun to be honest..
Picked MT up at end of day smiling from my 125 exploites "in my mind it was an AP50" And they had only gone and cleaned the mt back to "new" I don't do bike cleaning.
Tinklers of Norwich, Norfolk, Eng Hats off. Very good

Ralph

It's surprising how good it is to ride a very light bike that you can thrash the living daylights out of and not frighten yourself silly.

sdrio

It's surprising how good it is to ride a very light bike that you can thrash the living daylights out of and not frighten yourself silly.
Hmm. I have an Aprillia 125 scooter as a spare bike, and use it about once a week to stop it from rotting away. It gets thrashed mercilessly, but I find it to be way too slow and frustrating.

Ralph

Hmm. I have an Aprillia 125 scooter as a spare bike, and use it about once a week to stop it from rotting away. It gets thrashed mercilessly, but I find it to be way too slow and frustrating.
All depends on your outlook, I am not often in a hurry and the fun is getting there for others they only want to be there, were ever there happens to be,
who cares as long as we are riding.