Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bike
    Yamaha MT-07 Previous: MT5, TS125, RD125, VF400F, TDR250 X 2, CBR600, RD350LC

First Dyno run, standard bike

My first Dyno run, standard bike 2,800 miles on the clock.
    I will post an update when i have fitted the Mivv oval carbon exhaust I've just ordered, hopefully i will do a run on the Dyno with and without the DB killer to see what difference there is.First Dyno run, standard bike-mt-07-1st-dyno-run-jpg

Bike
    MT07 RACE BLU MK2 GOLF 16V
    I will be interested to see that as i have a mivv GP carbon can on mine.

Bike
    MT-07 & MT-09 and CB200
    Perfect fueling - don't forget to check the fueling and not just the power on the other dyno runs - but whoever does the runs for you should point out any problems

Bike
    Looks like Yamaha got the fueling pretty much spot on straight out of the box. I've got to wait 2 weeks for the Mivv pipe to turn up before I can fit it and run it up on the Dyno again. (It's coming from Italy).

Bike
    MT-07 & MT-09 and CB200
    Here was my dyno run with the factory Akrapovic - both with and without the db killer.

First Dyno run, standard bike-mt-07-dyno-jpg

Without the db killer it has 2 more bhp but note how lean it is.

Will be looking into ways of sorting this that are cheaper than a Power Commander.

Bike
    BMW S1000R
    I just had a look at the two different dynos and made some comparisons.

Looks like
    Stock bike 65.75hp @~9000rpm, 44.6ft.lbs @~6500rpm
    Akra with DB 67.5hp @9031rpm, 44.9ft.lbs @6571rpm
    Akra no DB 69.4 @9059rpm, 46.3ft.lbs @ 6642rpm

@Pog.
    When you get the Mivv runs done, try to get a chart that shows all trends, then its easier to see where in the rev band the changes are.

guess that means.
    +2hp and virtually no torque gain from stock to Akra. A/F spot on
    +2hp and ~1,5ft.lbs torque from Akra to Akra without DB. A/F looks good
    +4hp and ~2ft.lbs torque from stock to Akra without DB. A/F not good, expect to see more gain when the A/F is corrected

Bike
    mt07 ABS Race Blu
    Nice to see a run at stock to compare manufacturer figures to real world (Rear tyre) figures
    Scorpion (no baffle) with stage 1 dna
    First Dyno run, standard bike-upload_-1-jpg

Will have to scan a better copy sometime
    Attached Images Attached Images First Dyno run, standard bike-upload_-1-jpg 
    Last edited by balki; 09-07-2015 at 01:43 PM.
    race blu abs
    /s/k5hnejex4bjdc98/mt-07_service_manual.pdf?dl=0
    dropbox.com

Bike
    MT 07
    Yoshimura carbon (baffle in ) DNA stage 1
    16250 miles
    Before map
    First Dyno run, standard bike-image-jpg
    After map
    First Dyno run, standard bike-image-jpg

VIDEO OF REMAP (baffle in ) it's a live map that adjusts to any changes made ie stage 2 air filter ,
    or removing the baffle it gives the optimal running for each change made ie greater increase in BHP and torque.

https://youtu.be/VmBqYLmAVxU
    Last edited by buster; 09-18-2015 at 10:00 PM.
    Buster

Bike
    Finally got on the Dyno again with the Mivv oval carbon fitted. I had to use a different Dyno from the one i used at the start of this thread so i cannot overlay my original standard run.
    First Dyno run, standard bike-power-jpg
    The red line is with both db killers fitted, the black line is with the db killer removed from the end of the silencer.
    First Dyno run, standard bike-torque-jpg
    The red line is with both db killers fitted, the black line is with the db killer removed from the end of the silencer.
    The max power has gone from a standard 65.75 Bhp up to 69.2 Bhp and the Torque has gone from a standard 44.6 ft.lbs up to 47.5 ft.lbs.
    The fuelling seems better with the db killer out with it in it runs slightly rich.
    The ecu is standard spec, (not flashed).
    Last edited by POG; 11-05-2015 at 03:38 AM.

Bike
    Tr650 Husky, MT07
    Hasn't anybody noticed how ALL of these AFR maps shows the ratio getting ridiculously rich from 9000 to 9500? That's the way to lose HP where you could use in ( on a track anyway). Are non of these PCV's or reflashed. I just checked my post reflash post induction restriction removal AFR graph and it's the same. There is more useable HP lurking in those engines unless there is a port , airflow restriction, camming problem, air resonance, valve spring, problem waiting to be fixed. Something is still stopping the air getting i at high revs.