Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Bike
    RED MT-07 ABS Akra

Lightbulb Suspension Upgrades:- Products in the Market?

An upgrade I have been contemplating a while is the suspension, as with most decisions in my life the final selection is preceded by as much research as possible.

I've done a lot of searching and here's what I have found from the web so far, I was hoping a few more cartridge solutions had been developed for the mighty7 but if they have people are staying quiet.

If you know of any more to add to the list or any other model fitments that will work on the MT07 then don't be shy let them be known!

Yamaha Part Numbers:- doesn't look like these are common with any other models but most of the part number (except first 3 characters) matches a 2008 Yamaha R1 (I wonder if that is a clue to other kits that will fit?)

• Rear: 1WS-22210-00
    • Front LH:1XB-23103-00
    • Front RH:1WS-23102-00

Front Fork Specs:

• 10W Fork Oil
    • Quantity: 403cm3
    • Level:162mm
    • Spring Rate: 8.5N/mm
    • Tube ID: 41mm

Rear Shock
    • Ohlins (part # S46DR1)
    • Nitron Yamaha MT07 (14) NTR R1 or R2 or R3
    • Wilbers (type 640 road)
    • Hyperpro (465)
    • Hagon (M62092- M62092 YAMAHA MT-07 (JYARM041) 2014)
    • Penske Racing 8900 series - (8983 & 8987 upgrades available)
    • JRI street fighter shock (for FZ-07)

Front Shocks (Spring Kits)
    • Hyperpro (part # SP-YA07-SSA017)
    • Ohlins (part # 08425-90) & Oil (01309-01)
    • Matris Fork Springs + Preload Kit (part # FY111KE)
    • Wilbers progressive (part # 600-0486-00)
    • Wilbers progressive (part # 500-0486-00) - budget springs?
    • Wilbers linear (part # 601-0480-00) - 40mm lowering + bushings

Front Shocks (Cartridge Kits)
    • Andreani (part # 105/Y11)
    • Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Axxion Cartridge Kit

no point listing any thing K-tech make unless your pockets run deep to 4 figures!
    Last edited by Nuggets; 12-27-2014 at 01:50 PM. Reason: found another rear shock for the list
    Anybody can jump a motorcycle. The trouble begins when you try to land it.

Bike
    Various
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuggets View Post

Traxxion Dynamics are developing a kit based on the AK-20 Axxion Cartridge Kit in the states - not listed on their site yet.

The AK20's by Traxxion Dynamics are available now...I have their complete set - the AK20's up front, and the Traxxion Dynamics spec'd Penske triple clicker out back. It's magical

- Paulie

Bike
    Yamaha MT-07
    Prices? Pros and cons comments?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    mt-07. new bike on way
    i can tell you this. i have just got my bike back finished from hyperpro and it is now a missile.
    the forks are 20mm shorter and the rear shock is 20mm shorter if your 5ft 3 you can now place both feet firmly on the ground. all the bouncy handling has gone from the front and rear, with the rear gripping the road very hard also letting you drift the rear around corners smoking the tyre.because the suspension is now squating i look like a gorilla wrestling the bike over the handlebars also this makes the bike look very aggressive. downside is rear tyre wear up slightly as you can use the bike and trust it.the sidestand is now to long but i have yamaha sending a new shorter stand as they have seen the bike. the front no longer dives under heavy breaking this is such a confidence builder and into corners at high speed counter steering you can lean the bike right over and get right back on the power mid-corner to exit.
    although the bike is much lower nothing touches down so nothing is compromised. hyperpro also have a kit ready for the standard ride height if you do not wish to drop the bike. The Mt-09 has recieved similar treatment and was faster on track than the r6 and ducati panagale. visordown had the Mt-07 just slightly behind the ducati on time.
    i will be posting pictures at the weekend in a new thread so you can see how different the mt-07 looks now

Bike
    MotoMorine 350 Strada, MT-07 in White
    Maxton may be worth a ring, not a MT but we had 2 V-stroms one standard one that Maxton
    had done and you could tell as soon as you let the clutch out, it was at least 20 mph faster
    on any road, cant give a idea on price as it was done for a article in a mag, this is the time
    of year you may get a good deal but don't bother around TT time as they do lots of race bikes,
    they are not far from Chester in a renovated chapel half way up a mountain but theres nothing
    hill billy about the set up inside. They don't just fit new stuff they will modify the kit on the bike
    though I think the rear shock needs to be replaced to get the rear anything like right.
    Last edited by Ralph; 12-09-2014 at 10:36 PM.
    Ralph Nr Fleetwood NW UK

https://badges.fuelly.com/images/smallsig-uk/310225.png

Who would invent a vehicle that falls over when you stop?

If you find a answer to your problem then please come back and post
    the answer as it will help others with the same problem.

Bike
    RED MT-07 ABS Akra
    looks like a decent deal for a cartridge kit, oil and new rear shock upgrade.

Andreani Kit Advanced Cartridge Shock Absorber Ohlins for Yamaha Mt-07 Fz-07 2014 14 - Adya012

Bike
    Mt07
    Got mine booked in with maxton 12th jan. He's keeping it for 2 weeks to do fitment as they have not done one yet, will report back with the results

Bike
    mt-07
    Does anybody have a link to buy the ohlins from a eu supplier?

Bike
    RED MT-07 ABS Akra
    yamaha mt-07 2014 | products, spare parts and accessories | Andreani Shop

never purchased from them so couldn't tell you if they are reliable or not for delivery

Bike
    MT-07 ABS Deep Armour
    Quote Originally Posted by bluemachine View Post
    i can tell you this. i have just got my bike back finished from hyperpro and it is now a missile.
    the forks are 20mm shorter and the rear shock is 20mm shorter if your 5ft 3 you can now place both feet firmly on the ground. all the bouncy handling has gone from the front and rear, with the rear gripping the road very hard also letting you drift the rear around corners smoking the tyre.because the suspension is now squating i look like a gorilla wrestling the bike over the handlebars also this makes the bike look very aggressive. downside is rear tyre wear up slightly as you can use the bike and trust it.the sidestand is now to long but i have yamaha sending a new shorter stand as they have seen the bike. the front no longer dives under heavy breaking this is such a confidence builder and into corners at high speed counter steering you can lean the bike right over and get right back on the power mid-corner to exit.
    although the bike is much lower nothing touches down so nothing is compromised. hyperpro also have a kit ready for the standard ride height if you do not wish to drop the bike. The Mt-09 has recieved similar treatment and was faster on track than the r6 and ducati panagale. visordown had the Mt-07 just slightly behind the ducati on time.
    i will be posting pictures at the weekend in a new thread so you can see how different the mt-07 looks now
    How much did parts and fitting cost mate? Also where did you get it done? Cheers