Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Bike
    Tr650 Husky, MT07
    I had an Ohlins ordered for my MT07 and the suspension place rang me up and said they had delayed production on them so I switched to a Nitron. That's one sale they lost but I doubt the Swedish economy is gonna crash from the loss on my purchase.

Bike
    Mt07
    the mt09 also has budget suspension set up, just click on the mt09 sister site link on the right side of the homepage, search their site for suspension upgrades and the threads are huge
    if you managed to get a loan bike with ohlins this was definately not standard

Bike
    My TDM900 has better rear shock than both MTs with it's stock piggyback reservoir, preload, rebound and compression adjustments. Still, at 40.000 km it's time for susp service so I instead got an ÷hlins S46PR1C1S shock + ÷hlins linear front springs + ÷ fork oil. Installation in progress, sooo excited to take it out for the first spin. Guess it will transform handling.

Bike
    Just a brief look at MCN's picture of the MT07 stock and their Nitron replacement shock makes it pretty obvious where some of the MT's cost-saving is coming from .
    I'm not at all faulting Yam for this, stock shock is fine for normal commuting and riders who want top-notch comfort and handling don't have to feel bad for throwing money away when replacing it with top-notch components.
    I think it's great that this freedom is left to the owner.
    Attachment 1627

Only seriously expensive bikes come std with Ohlins top-notch kit. Examples are R1M, Daytona 675R, Hypermotard SP (rear only), Panigale R. Etc.
    Last edited by and30ers; 03-16-2015 at 01:17 AM.

Bike
    Another rear shock alternative for the MT07:
    Attachment 1636
    Last edited by and30ers; 03-16-2015 at 12:25 PM.

Bike
    MT-07
    Anyone to share the experience with Nitron ? Read the MCN but they also rode this on track , what we want to know if how much difference does this makes on "normal" riding .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Bike
    Tr650 Husky, MT07
    Anders, please stop showing me pictures of Ohlins. It's making me cry. I ordered mine and they have delayed the next production run so I am getting a Nitron.
    amavro, I will report on mine ( if I remember) when I get it on the bike. I have an Extreme Creations raising / lowering link to go on as well. Road only report though as there is no track where I live now.

Bike
    Tr650 Husky, MT07
    I fitted the Nitron and the raising link. Turns better but I will definitely need to tune it a fair bit. It ls a bit harsh at present and I still haven't fitted the gold valves. It still wants to run wide. Not as bad but that may be a function of the tyres as well.

Bike
    MT-07 & MT-09 and CB200
    Quote Originally Posted by gregjet View Post
    I fitted the Nitron and the raising link. Turns better but I will definitely need to tune it a fair bit. It ls a bit harsh at present and I still haven't fitted the gold valves. It still wants to run wide. Not as bad but that may be a function of the tyres as well.

I note from your list of bikes that you've also got or had a BMW F800R. This, along with the MT07 was on my shortlist of bikes to buy but rejected it and went for the Yamaha as I wasn't impressed with the front end on the BMW.

Would be interested to hear your views on how the 2 bikes compare.

Bike
    RED MT-07 ABS Akra
    I've done it!

I've ordered Ohlins Rear Shock (46DR1), Ohlins uprated front springs and 1litre of ohlins fork oil. In the UK this is quoted around £649 + carriage. If you search ebay this same package is being sold by an company in Northern Italy for EUR 649 + postage.

Using paypal's exchange rate (protected purchase not a money transfer!) makes this a more appetising £490 inc postage.

The seller has the rear shock in stock and they are just waiting the front springs from ohlins before dispatch, it should be on it's way to me next week and will take less than a week to be delivered.

Happy days.
    ]
    Last edited by Nuggets; 05-22-2015 at 05:25 PM.
    Anybody can jump a motorcycle. The trouble begins when you try to land it.