Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Bike
    MT-07 & MT-09 and CB200
    Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    Please see attached picture of no damage to baffle.........excuse the slippers!

Years ago I had a VTR1000 Firestorm and on the list for that it was almost de-rigeur that any pic had to include slippers in it somewhere.

The bike has not yet been re-mapped or had a Power Commander fitted and the red line (on the dyno chart) was with the modified baffle which is an acceptable (to me) half-way house between needing ear plugs and thinking that I have a sewing machine with me.

I will get it re-mapped at some point but need to speak to Hilltop (Leicester) or Simon at S-Tec Newbury as I'd like to be able to switch between baffle in and out. Getting my 09 re-mapped at S-Tec in the morning (23rd April) so will speak to Simon then.

Also have a DNA filter and top to fit so will see how that goes when all fitted and mapped accordingly.

Bike
    MT09, MT07, 2016 R1
    Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    Years ago I had a VTR1000 Firestorm and on the list for that it was almost de-rigeur that any pic had to include slippers in it somewhere.

The bike has not yet been re-mapped or had a Power Commander fitted and the red line (on the dyno chart) was with the modified baffle which is an acceptable (to me) half-way house between needing ear plugs and thinking that I have a sewing machine with me.

I will get it re-mapped at some point but need to speak to Hilltop (Leicester) or Simon at S-Tec Newbury as I'd like to be able to switch between baffle in and out. Getting my 09 re-mapped at S-Tec in the morning (23rd April) so will speak to Simon then.

Also have a DNA filter and top to fit so will see how that goes when all fitted and mapped accordingly.
    It's a shame I'm not about tomorrow or I would have meet you

Bike
    FZ07
    Whew! I installed the Akrapovic last night. I severely underestimated how loud it was based on YT videos. Haha...this thing is L O U D. Love the sound though.

Bike
    MT07, Ducati Monster 900, and 750
    I run the carbon fiber akra system, to remove the baffle iI simply used a broomstick. Stick it in the engine side end of the exhaust and just gently hit it on the ground....baffle pops out. no damage no drama... As i do get a lot of popping when I go off the gas the bike obviously runs very lean without the baffle in so I contacted akrapovich to ask if it might be too lean and actually cause damage to the bike over long term.....They said it should be fine...I decided to get a powercommander regardless, should be here next week... haha.

Bike
    MT-07 Grey
    Quote Originally Posted by sash View Post
    I run the carbon fiber akra system, to remove the baffle iI simply used a broomstick. Stick it in the engine side end of the exhaust and just gently hit it on the ground....baffle pops out. no damage no drama... As i do get a lot of popping when I go off the gas the bike obviously runs very lean without the baffle in so I contacted akrapovich to ask if it might be too lean and actually cause damage to the bike over long term.....They said it should be fine...I decided to get a powercommander regardless, should be here next week... haha.
    There's a guy on here that has been making a custom ecu flash for the bike, saying that with the standard ecu and carbon akra no baffle the bike loses quite a bit of power compared to baffle in.

http://www.motorcycle-talk.net/forum...-amp-bike.html

Bike
    CRF250L
    I am just about to pick up a 2017 model with a Acra euro 4 spot welded in baffle! Dose anybody know the exact location of this spot weld? Will be easy to drill with a spot weld drill once I find the spot and pull with a slide hammer internal bearing puller! Having used a EJK fuel controller on my crf250l with great success I intend to get one for the MT to sort any lean running problems! All help much appreciated!!!

Bike
    CRF250L
    Now I have the bike I can see the location of this spot weld In the Acrapovic exhaust can! With a bit of carful measurement it should be not too difficult to remove the little bugger!!!!!

Bike
    MT 07
    Bit late to this thread but ive just done the Akra mod and drilled 4 x 10mm holes into each of the inner baffle pipes just before the flange. The sound is definately louder/better than with the DB killer in but i still dont think its quite loud enough....? Can anyone tell me if theres a considerable difference between removing/cutting half the inner pipes out compared to the drilled holes method - i.e is it louder??