Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Bike
    MT 07
    ive got a replacement dbkiller now from akra. Just cut the inner pipes by half length to get rid of the wider section of pipe. Two benefits.

1. Makes the sound perfect level
    2. You can easily remove the dbkiller then when you want as it now will slide out easy, as the wider ends have been cut off and these are the bits that get stuck.

Believe me I have tried all options and being my second db killer, I have settled for this option. DO not cut the outer pipes, as this makes no difference!!!!!

Bike
    MT07
    How much did the replacement cost loneranger ?
    Cutting the external pipes for me was purely cosmetic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    MT 07
    £45 quid from Yamaha dealer. I took out the dbkiller a few days ago and it slid out pretty easy after removing the bolt. I use a small mirror to view the position of the thread when replacing the dbkiller to line up the bolt. PHEW I am glad I got this sorted, caused nothing but hassle when I first got the bike fitted with akra. Surely akra should have designed this with riders like us in mind. The ones that want to play all the time. LOL

Bike
    Yamaha MT-07 - Race Blue
    Can you post a picture of the new optimal DB killer ? and how long is the inner pipes now ? in centimeters if possible.

Bike
    BMW F800R 15
    Quote Originally Posted by loneranger View Post
    ive got a replacement dbkiller now from akra. Just cut the inner pipes by half length to get rid of the wider section of pipe. Two benefits.

1. Makes the sound perfect level
    2. You can easily remove the dbkiller then when you want as it now will slide out easy, as the wider ends have been cut off and these are the bits that get stuck.

Believe me I have tried all options and being my second db killer, I have settled for this option. DO not cut the outer pipes, as this makes no difference!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianSPC View Post
    Can you post a picture of the new optimal DB killer ? and how long is the inner pipes now ? in centimeters if possible.
    Not sure which system I'll end up with but this DB-killer mod sounds like the best option.....so, Loneranger......Just reduce inner pipe-length by 50%, correct?

Thanks

D
    Using Tapatalk

Bike
    MT 07
    yes just cut half off the inner pipes. I can slide in and out now when i want to switch to loud mode for a country ride. my mates at Yamaha also have done the same. They know as they are all dealers at Yamaha.

Bike
    MT-07 ABS
    YAMAHA MT-07 EXHAUST SYSTEM

Anyone have any experience with these systems? I think it looks really good!
    We consist of 70% water. So really we are just cucumbers with anxiety.

Bike
    Yamaha MT-07
    dont know if its true but i spoke to the company where i bought my MT about acra and mapping. and accoring to them u have to program the bike for more fuel if u go without the dbkiller since it will be able to spit out more exaust and due to that suck in more air. and ofc u should get some HP increase. but if u do not change the mapping and only remove the dbkiller u might damage ur engine due to lean mixture.
    and if u do the mapping stuff the yamaha warranty is no longer approved, and i guess the same goes if u only remove the bdkiller and also guess they can tell if u have been running without ut.

Bike
    MT-07 ABS
    Quote Originally Posted by def View Post
    dont know if its true but i spoke to the company where i bought my MT about acra and mapping. and accoring to them u have to program the bike for more fuel if u go without the dbkiller since it will be able to spit out more exaust and due to that suck in more air. and ofc u should get some HP increase. but if u do not change the mapping and only remove the dbkiller u might damage ur engine due to lean mixture.
    and if u do the mapping stuff the yamaha warranty is no longer approved, and i guess the same goes if u only remove the bdkiller and also guess they can tell if u have been running without ut.
    Is the warranty even affected if you change to lets say Arrow-, IXIL system?
    We consist of 70% water. So really we are just cucumbers with anxiety.

Bike
    BMW F800R 15
    Quote Originally Posted by da1kini View Post
    Is the warranty even affected if you change to lets say Arrow-, IXIL system?
    Spoke to my dealer about the warranty remaining intact regarding alternative exhaust systems......

Not sure but I think the upshot boils down to the attitude of individual dealers....to a certain degree. Mine said all is well as long as they order the parts and fit them.

I'm sure my dealer will just be happy to enjoy a margin on the labour and supply the exhaust at cost.

This is how I'm playing it; South East England, UK.

Hope this helps

Darren
    Using Tapatalk