Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Bike
    Yamaha MT 07
    Quote Originally Posted by Igor View Post
    I have to say I much prefer this short arrow fitting over the Akra myself. Had looked at the "easy" way as you put it and it seemed like a bit of a botch job to me, I see no problem with bending the threaded rod at all, the system doesn't weigh that much and that bar will easily take the weight.

However I had wondered if the rubber bracket could be bolted to the 2 lower holes instead of the original 2 holes, this would lower the mounting point so you wouldn't have to bend the rod (assuming the distance C/C is the same) but that might make the silencer too low?
    Yes, I experimented with that but found it was too low for my liking. Wouldn't take much time to do though so try it that way and see if you're happy with it.

An alternative might be to space the silencer further out, but I wanted to tuck it in as far as possible. It's all a compromise in one way or another.

We are only talking of a few mm of adjustment so making up new brackets and all the associated work just seems unnecessary to me especially as you can't even see it.

At the end of the day there are lots of bent bits of metal on a motorbike that do the job just fine. The handle bars, the brake pedal and even the frame itself to name but a few.
    Last edited by cosmikdebriis; 06-16-2014 at 02:24 AM.

Bike
    Yamaha MT-07
    Agree with you there, think you're positioning is just right, space it out more and you run the risk of it sticking out so far it'll touch down before the pegs.

Bike
    one or two
    Nice work, 270 firing deserves a soundtrack. PM for you.

Bike
    MT-07 Race Blue
    Looks great, a massive improvement on what the factory intended.

Do you know if the arrow system E marked and fine for insurance and do you know if it will accept the catalyst insert when mounted shortie style?

Bike
    Yamaha MT 07
    If you look at the associated modification thread you can see the E mark in one of the pictures. Can't say I know much about E marks but presumably that's what you are asking about.

Regards fitting a cat, sorry, not a clue.

Bike
    MT-07 Race Blue
    From what I can see the arrow doesn't have a cat option. I'm not bothered as long as insurance companies accept the change without loading the policy.

Bike
    MT-07
    It looks great - and presumably sounds good. Not sure if you can post an MP3 sound file so we can all hear your machine.

Most importantly - due to the different back pressure - have you noticed any difference in performance. Without the cat - would I be right in thinking you may have gained a few more PS?

Bike
    MT-07 Deep Armor ABS
    Good job and better tutorial, thanks a lot.

Just a quick question: I'm having some trouble finding coppaslip (or copper grease). It is wrong to mount the exhaust without it? Once I find it (I hope not more than a week) I would apply where it should.

Thanks

Bike
    MT-07
    Mine is mounted the easy way

Bike
    MT-07 Deep Armor ABS
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_AC View Post
    Good job and better tutorial, thanks a lot.

Just a quick question: I'm having some trouble finding coppaslip (or copper grease). It is wrong to mount the exhaust without it? Once I find it (I hope not more than a week) I would apply where it should.

Thanks
    I'll answer to myself, the exhaust already comes with enough copper grease to do the job (a little sachet). I've mounted it this afternoon and the only difficult part was to fit the mounting bracket into the frame (had to do a lot of pressure to arrange both ends of the bracket). Apart from that it's quite easy and the videos don't do justice to the sound. With the DB-killer on it's SOOOOO much better than the default exhaust and way louder. I'm not planning to remove it any time soon.

Thanks again Cosmikdebriis for your amazing tutorial.