Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Bike
    MT-07 ABS Competition White

LED flashers Vs stock

Are LED flashers brighter than the stock (halogen?) flashers or do they just look cool (nothing wrong with that)? If they add a bit more visibility/safety then I might get a set. Thoughts?

Bike
    Tiger 1050
    They can be designed to look better, but I don't think they offer any better or worse functionality.

Bike
    Mt07
    Hi pengjn
    I have led indicators on mine, they are no brighter or no safer than the originals, just look a load better. Dealer did me a deal on them when I bought the bike, yam originals. You'll find pics of them in modifications section, thread mods so far with pics
    Cheers Gaz

Bike
    MT07
    Hi, What flasher unit did they use please? I want to fit rizoma led indicators but it needs an led flasher unit then.

Bike
    Mt07
    Hi
    All you need is an electronic flasher unit, the original flasher has only 2 connections an electronic flasher will have a third terminal all you need to do is earth this terminal
    The original flasher works via a thermal resistive break which is controlled by the load the bulbs create, an electronic flasher is circuit board controlled as the led's don't create enough load
    Cheers
    Gaz

Bike
    MT07
    Cheers for that ill get on it now.

MT Dog.

Bike
    MT07
    I've been told the mt07 flasher unit has 4 terminals, can anyone confirm please? Summat to do with the hazards?

Bike
    Mt07
    Hi mtdog

I have the original flasher unit at work, I am sure it only has 2 terminals but I will double check for you on Monday

Another thought though, don't the rizoma indicators come with load resistors built in, if so you will not need to do anything with the oe flasher unit, just fit the indicators and they should work

Bike
    MT-07 Matte Grey
    I've demounted all the protection caps for installing a Pilot xenon headlight and a DNA air-filter. Was a much bigger job than I thought!
    That's why I wanted to know what should I have to change for installing the front and rear Yamaha led blinkers? They will arrive at the end of next month.
    Is there somewhere a "how to"?
    Just to be prepared so I don't have to demount all the caps again.

Thanks!

Bike
    Mt07
    If you fit led indicators there is 2 ways of getting them to work properly

Method 1 and in my opinion not the best

You can fit load resistors to the led indicators, these are wired across the 2 wires going to each indicator. The issue I personally have with this method is that the load resistors generate heat quite quickly when they are in use. In my 26 years as an auto electrician I have never come across a good time to mix heat and wiring looms

Method 2 and in my opinion the better way

Fit your indicators to the original wiring and change the flasher unit to an electronic flasher unit. The original flasher unit is located behind the left side tank panel, it is a 2 wire unit and will need to be changed for a 3 wire electronic version. Any automotive 12 volt flasher will do the job

The best way to do the job is to solder 2 wires onto the original wiring loom. 1 of these wires will be a 12 volt feed, you will need to meter the wires to find out which, once you have your 12v connect this wire to your new flasher unit terminal 49, the second wire you have connects to the terminal marked 49a, this is the common wire coming from the indicator switch, the third terminal you have will be marked 31 this needs to be connected to an earth point

Once connected like this you will have the correct flash rate for the indicators and hazards

Livestrong you could do all this while stripped down and it will still work with the original indicators whilst you wait for your led ones to arrive

Below is a picture of the original flasher unit showing only 2 pin
    Attached Images Attached Images LED flashers Vs stock-image-jpg LED flashers Vs stock-image-jpg