Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Bike
    MT-07 ABS

MT07 Sat Nav Add On

Hi,

Looking on going on some longer journeys on bike has anyone fitted a Sat Nav to their MT07? Anyone got the best way to do this?

Thanks

Bike
    MotoMorine 350 Strada, MT-07 in White
    Theres auxiliary power plug up under the left side of the tank
    it's a right cow to find, I ran a wire from that to a usb
    adapter behind the screen I have and the gps is mounted
    on the bars, but it will depend on what mounts are avalable
    for your gps.
    Ralph Nr Fleetwood NW UK

https://badges.fuelly.com/images/smallsig-uk/310225.png

Who would invent a vehicle that falls over when you stop?

If you find a answer to your problem then please come back and post
    the answer as it will help others with the same problem.

Bike
    MT-07 ABS
    I haven't purchased a Sat Nav yet is there any you would recommend?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Bike
    MotoMorine 350 Strada, MT-07 in White
    I just buy the cheapest I can find the thinking being that if it gets destroyed it's not to expensive to replace.
    mines a Garmin nuvi52 but it is very basic if like mine you do get one intended for a car cover the speaker
    with duct tape to help keep water out.
    Look out for one with free for life map updates.
    it all depends on what you want to spend but there are quite a few these days sub £90
    check if bike mounts are available for the one you fancy.
    Last edited by Ralph; 09-11-2017 at 11:05 AM.
    Ralph Nr Fleetwood NW UK

https://badges.fuelly.com/images/smallsig-uk/310225.png

Who would invent a vehicle that falls over when you stop?

If you find a answer to your problem then please come back and post
    the answer as it will help others with the same problem.

Bike
    mt07
    One satnav I would not recommend having tried to use it on a tour to the Picos/Pyrenees /Andora is a tom tom 410. I could rant all day about how rubbish it was. thought it might have been me but a mates older tomtom was way better. My car garmin which I've used up to now is much better

Bike
    MT-07 & MT-09 and CB200
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo View Post
    One satnav I would not recommend having tried to use it on a tour to the Picos/Pyrenees /Andora is a tom tom 410. I could rant all day about how rubbish it was. thought it might have been me but a mates older tomtom was way better. My car garmin which I've used up to now is much better

While I don't find the Tom Tom Rider the easiest to use I think it's because I don't use it very often and just haven't gotten used to it yet.

However it mounts very well (quick and easy to put on and take off as it's designed for bikes) and has Bluetooth.

It's not cheap though.

Bike
    mt07
    It maybe because I am not very tec savy but I have used a car garmin on my bike a few times and not had the issues I had with the tomtom. Just some of the issues were that I found out when I came home that it does not have any pois loaded in it which I had'nt realized it can't seem to find a motorcycle dealer. could'nt find campsites(camping ground) even the one I was already on once. found a petrol station that had the remains of two petrol pumps that had obviously been closed for at least 20yrs.kept trying to find a campsite for the last night even had the address of one it couldn't find it after stopping every 5-10kms or so after the 4th stop it found one 25klm back the way I had come .At which point I gave up and looked for a hotel it very kindly took me to a residential street which had no sign of a hotel. One other
    thing which could of been sort of dangerous was when appoaching a crossroads it did not mention it or show on the map that it was the major road simply said turn in 300 mtrs (300mtrs after the cross roads). Instead of saying go over the crossroads and turn in 300 mtrs.hope understand what I mean.
    Last edited by banjo; 10-01-2017 at 10:37 AM. Reason: missed out word