Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Bike
    MT07, Ducati Monster 900, and 750

Does MT 09 Handlebar fit ?

Hey guys
    I find the handlebar to close to my chest when hanging off in corners and somehow wouldnt mind it a bit wider as well...
    Now, without too much mucking around (not keen to change the length of all the cables etc ) has anyone found a bar that
    is a bit more flat and wider, that just bolts on? - I was thinking maybe the mt 09 one?
    any advise appreciated.

Bike
    The MT09 bar is "fat" and will not fit. You need a 7/8" (22mm) clamp bar.
    I have replaced the stock MT07 bar with a Renthal Road Ultra Low #758 in aluminium, different colors available.
    It's wider and lower and it will solve your problem. The new position is also more forward since stock bars are bent up-and-back, not only up. Sweep (hand angle at grip area) is about the same as stock.

renthal ultra low | eBay
    Last edited by and30ers; 11-03-2016 at 07:59 AM.

Bike
    MT-07 & MT-09 and CB200
    Quote Originally Posted by and30ers View Post
    The MT09 bar is "fat" and will not fit. You need a 7/8" (22mm) clamp bar.
    I have replaced the stock MT07 bar with a Renthal Road Ultra Low #758 in aluminium, different colors available.
    It's wider and lower and it will solve your problem. The new position is also more forward since stock bars are bent up-and-back, not only up. Sweep (hand angle at grip area) is about the same as stock.

renthal ultra low | eBay

I've also fitted a set of Renthal Ultra Low bars which seem to do the job nicely without any changes to cables etc.

Bike
    2014 MT-07
    i can also confirm that the Renthal ultra low fit fine without changing anything, you may want o file off the plastic locating lump on the switch gear, unless you are happy to drill brand new handlebars!

Bike
    MT07, Ducati Monster 900, and 750
    Thanks for the info everybody!
    Been a bit busy lately and haven't had time to ride or modify any of my bikes....
    Ordered the renthal bar a few min ago, ebay special for $75..... might finally post some pics of my mods once I get it....
    cheers