Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Bike
    mt07 1963 triumph thunderbird

Talking after market replacement exhausts

Hi, everybody particularly those who are considering a replacement system.No doubt that the Akro. is a good product and so probably are the other foreign jobbies. I am intrigued why the Scorpion doesnt seem to figure much.Have had one fitted for a few hundred miles ,areal quality product ,collect from the factory if you fancy it.Happy New year to you all fro Brian j

Bike
    2015 Race Blu Yamaha MT-07
    I think its just personal preference at the end of the day and I know a lot of people had the Akro from factory but the SC seems to be a favourite.

Maybe its the price for £500 you can get the SC or the other Akro, or pretty much anything and I personally don't think the scorpion is the best maker of good looking exhausts. but that's just my opinion.

Bike
    MT-07
    I'm an SC Project girl. Personally think it sounds and looks better than others available, and its much better in price to the Akro.

Bike
    Yamaha MT 07
    After reading other posts and having taken an MT-07 for a test ride with an Akra with the baffle taken out, it's much too loud for my inner London commute. I was setting off car alarms!
    For me, the Akra with the baffle in is roughly the sound I am looking for. But I can't bring myself to spend that sort of money.
    Lausie_d, how does the SC Project sound with the baffle in? Have you heard the Akra to compare the two?

Bike
    2015 Race Blu Yamaha MT-07
    To be honest Simoncrp the best way is to hear them in person, videos or explanations will never do them justice.

Bike
    MT-07 Grey
    Quote Originally Posted by Simoncrp View Post
    After reading other posts and having taken an MT-07 for a test ride with an Akra with the baffle taken out, it's much too loud for my inner London commute. I was setting off car alarms!
    It's the perfect level for central London riding!

I went for the akra titanium as I got it fitted for the same price as the sc would have cost, If I hadn't I would have got the sc. The scorpion exhaust sounds sad even with the baffle out and surprisingly quiet.

Bike
    Yamaha MT 07
    You're a braver guy than I am.
    Have you heard an actual SC exhaust with the baffle in for comparison?

Bike
    MT-07 Grey
    Quote Originally Posted by Simoncrp View Post
    You're a braver guy than I am.
    Have you heard an actual SC exhaust with the baffle in for comparison?
    Don't even have to try with the baffle out, traffic just moves out the way! ^^

I have not heard the sc exhaust for the mt, only some videos. I have seen one on a street triple and loved the look/sound (i know its not the same but you get an idea of the quality from it).

Bike
    lots of bikes
    Has anyone considered the Graves system. It's very popular in the states?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk