Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quick shifter

Bike
    MT-07
    Thats how I read it, my sensor threshold is set at 5.

I did try it at 2k - 10k default setup and seemed to change gears good as well. Will try your at the weekend. N1 thanks for your time to post your settings.

Bike
    MT-07
    Interesting thread! I've considered getting one of these for my triumph (they're plug and play) as I've heard they're a good laugh!

Also a big fan of the blipped downshift. Not as easy on the MT as some other bikes as lots of engine breaking and not the closest ratios.

Bike
    MT-07
    Just a little note, when connecting the app make sure the kill switch set to run as well, as I spent bloody hours wondering and checking why it wouldn't work. Arrhh Quick shifter

Bike
    MT-07
    Makes sense, because where do you think it gets its power from?

Did have that moment myself (although it is somewhere in the manual, but who reads that thing after checking images and the YouTube video ), luckily I tried the kill switch quite fast so didn't spent too much time on it. But I can imagine the confusion and you really start wondering 'wtf is wrong here! ' after checking the wires etc for the fifth time

Bike
    Yamaha MT-07
    I just installed the HealTech QS a few days ago, took quite some time of tinkering to get it right. I first overtightened the sensor (be careful with it, tighten by hand and then 1/4 of a turn with wrench) on the shift lever and that can fuck up the readings quite a bit. I actually ended up putting an extra washer under the sensor because it was too sensitive but the bolt almost loose. Now it's perfect, it's tight enough to not fall off but not too sensitivy, using 30-40% treshold now. You can play a lot with the cut-off times, I noticed you can't set it up for both partial and full-throttle, they just differ too much in time and engine braking so it's hard to get it perfect. But I have to say I'm still impressed with how smooth it shift even at low rev ranges (4-6K) if you found the sweet spot setting for that amount of throttle. Bike sounds brilliant from it, you get nearly instant shifts.

The settings above is a good starting point, but you have to fine tune it for your own specific bike and style. It's definitely worth the 300 EU , I bought it specificly for commuting everyday to work, it's so much more comfortable to shift effortlessly. Lovely stuff!

Bike
    Yamaha MT-07
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmonkey View Post
    Just a little note, when connecting the app make sure the kill switch set to run as well, as I spent bloody hours wondering and checking why it wouldn't work. Arrhh Quick shifter
    Killswitch ON + in neutral if your side stand is down ^^

Bike
    Yamaha MT-07
    Hey Guys,

I'm gonna go and try the more expensive TransLogic QS, so if you are interested in my 2 month old HealtTech QS, I'm selling it for 50eu less: https://www.adverts.ie/parts/healtec...mt-07/15148053