Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Bike
    YBR 125

MT-07 for short riders?

Hi guys, newbie here thanks for accepting me.

I am currently on my learners licence here in the UK but hoping to pass my full test in the next couple months. I went to view an MT03 today as I love the look of them, their lightweight, low seat height and would be perfect for me. Iím 5 foot 3 on a good day so finding a bike suitable has been quite a challenge. Whilst I was their I saw the MT-07 in the flesh for the first time. I must admit I really liked the style and look of it but as the sales guy had been so helpful and welcoming I didnít want to ask if I could have a sit on it and overstay my welcome which I now regret. The MT03 seat height is 780mm whilst the MT07 is 805mm. Whilst itís not much difference, when your vertically challenged like myself every mm counts. Question is would the MT07 be suitable for someone as short as myself? I have an inseam of 29 inch if that helps. Thanks in advance.

Bike
    mt07
    Hi
    I'm 5ft 5 my inseam is 29in at most I manage fine partly due to the narrow seat and light weight but I definitely would'nt want it any higher. you can also get it lowered by 25mm
    If you'r new to biking best to have it done by someone who knows what they are doing as you have to drop the front a bit as well to keep the handling the same.Only way to really know is to sit on one I'm sure any dealer would be happy to let you. you would be unlikely to spend that sort of money if you couldn't try one.

Bike
    YBR 125
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo View Post
    Hi
    I'm 5ft 5 my inseam is 29in at most I manage fine partly due to the narrow seat and light weight but I definitely would'nt want it any higher. you can also get it lowered by 25mm
    If you'r new to biking best to have it done by someone who knows what they are doing as you have to drop the front a bit as well to keep the handling the same.Only way to really know is to sit on one I'm sure any dealer would be happy to let you. you would be unlikely to spend that sort of money if you couldn't try one.
    Hi banjo thanks for your reply. When coming to stops, traffic lights etc are you ok? And reversing back etc? I would obviously sit on one before I put some money into one but Iím trying to assess all my options. I loved the mt03 when I sat on it, it felt perfect for me seat height wise and lightweight but I think I want something with that bit more power. For an extra £1000 Iíd rather invest in the mt07 I think. Would it affect the handling lowering it 25mm? I have emailed the sales guy I saw yesterday waiting to hear back from him about lowering the 07 as an option, but I would definitely get the company I buy the bike from to do it. He did say you can lower the mt03 if need be but thatís more than fine for me.

Bike
    mt07
    Hi Jamie
    I don't have any trouble at traffic lights or paddling backwards I am not quite flat footed but it is not a problem I think I can get get one foot flat if I just slid one leg down but the bike
    is so light I don't really think about it. Lowering the bike if done right will not affect the handling there will be slightly less ground clearance but on the road you rarely scrape the pegs if
    you'r riding safely,I never have on the mt.I lowered a vfr 800 by 35mm and by not lowering the front quite the same it improved the handling I'm not sure if you would need the side stand shortened
    but that's not difficult. You may even be able to buy a short one. as its been said they are really good little bikes. I rode down through France to Spain and Andorra and back with a mate
    on a cbr 1100 blackbird. I thought I wouldn't be able to keep up especially on the motorways but it did easily with speeds of up to 95mph and it was loaded
    with top box panniers and tent.

Bike
    YBR 125
    Great that’s a nice piece of mind. Its such a struggle with my height for everything. Although I’m used to it now as I’m 31, since I got into motorbikes it’s been very frustrating, sitting on lovely bikes and not been comfy on them due to not touching the floor comfortably. It’s nice to know people are in the same boat as me, lol. I have messaged a few dealers asking if they could lower the bike for me if I was to buy it. I suppose if they want your custom, they have to meet their needs. Did you buy yours new? I am looking to get one brand new but their like £6000 plus. Although I’m sure their more than worth that, it might be slightly out of my budget. Seen a few 2nd hand ones for around £4000 roughly 7k miles. How many miles would be too many? If I’m buying a car, anything under 50k is quite low to me, depending on age obviously, but as I’m quite new to bikes I honestly wouldn’t know.

Bike
    mt07
    I bought a 14 plate with 1200 miles 12 months old was £4,250 its on 10,000 miles now . only problem I have had was a sensor would of been around £200 fitted in a dealer but I bought a used one for £35
    I would go for the lowest mileage you can afford, it will be hard to sell if you buy a high mileage then put several thousand more on it. I don't think there are many really high 07 about to know how long they last yet, seen a few 24000+ but not many

Bike
    YBR 125
    Fair play mate. I’m guessing their very reliable too then. Seen one for £5295, 4000 miles, has a tail tidy and black widow exhaust too which i would plan on doing In the future so that would save me a bit of cash. Hopefully it’s still available when I come to pass my test. I’m feeling too excited now, I just want to get my test done but the uk weather at the moment is horrendous

Bike
    MT-07 & MT-09 and CB200
    I'm 5'7" with a 28" inside leg and as standard I could sit on the 07 with both feet pretty much flat on the floor - though that could have been my 13 stone compressing the standard suspension.

Paddling it about is very easy though as I'm used to bigger/heavier bikes that may make a difference.

Bike
    FZ07
    Have you seen a small person ride? No? Please watch this video in YouTube. Here is a link

https://youtu.be/YId9Pr_RlIo

I hace a friend with one arm, and he rides like a Pro.

Your desire will overcome your fears

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Bike
    YBR 125
    Quote Originally Posted by Sguerrero2000 View Post
    Have you seen a small person ride? No? Please watch this video in YouTube. Here is a link

https://youtu.be/YId9Pr_RlIo

I hace a friend with one arm, and he rides like a Pro.

Your desire will overcome your fears

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Haha brilliant. Gives me a bit of confidence.